When you mix your songs remember you are taking part in a great evolving art form. It began in the South Bronx of New York city in 1970s; hip hop experienced transition, revolution and even decline; yet it finally secured its place within the mainstream in 2000's. When producing hip hop albums, it is important to consider first the music beat as it requires a combination of music pattern by mixing derivative pieces of different songs. Final mixes are usually then submitted for mastering. Mastering is the final touch in polishing an audio production for an album as it enhances the clarity of mixes making the sound of songs to be more coherent and ensuring that the mixes sound well on any audio devices.
A lot of people think that with the technology these days that just anyone can mix and master their own projects from home without hiring a professional company to do the work for them. It is true that someone can mix and master and still come out with a nice song but there are some disadvantages from not using a professional company.
Why should you do online mixing and mastering?
• The first reason is obvious - You save money with online mixing in master services and dedicate the refunds to order areas, like marketing or promotion, which will also be high-cost projects to launch.
• You learn to refine your mixing and mastering skills and be able to communicate with our engineers using your own experience and ears by giving critical feedback. Having a side job while you are trying to make it in the music industry is an absolute must. If you can turn your craft into dollar signs, you have a better chance at last thing in the music industry.
• You can take as much time as you like and don’t have to worry about staying on a budget. There is no amount of hours that you are limited to.
Here are the Cons of why you shouldn't do your own mixing and mastering.
• You never know if you’re making edits that might harm the track in a way that can’t be fixed, even by a professional.
• It takes a lot of time and effort to learn how to mix and master. If you’re trying to save money by picking up this crap and don’t plan on spending much time learning it, I would suggest not even trying. It takes years of dedication and ear training to be able to produce that industry quality sound.
• Professional succeed in this business because they have experience. This is what you do on a regular basis, day in and day out. They have dedicated their lives to this craft and will have a much better chance of making your song sound like a hit. Not to say that beginners shouldn’t try but industry professionals do this for a living and I would put my money on someone who has 10 years in the game rather than a newcomer.
It’s really up to you whether you want to take the chance of your song not sounding like it could of if you were to use an industry professional. Seriously think about your future when you’re deciding where you’re going to try save money. If you want a quality sounding project, I would seriously consider hiring a professional.